About V1 Sports
V1 Sports is the leader in video analysis software and mobile apps, revolutionizing the way coaches and athletes improve. Founded in 1995, V1 Sports offers tools to capture, review, and analyze athletic movement and is the pioneer in delivering seamless voice-over video lessons with integrated telestration.
With more than 10,000 coaches and 3 million athletes, V1 Sports has become the preferred video analysis solution for the most respected coaches, instructors, athletes, and training facilities around the world.
As a player in the sports software industry, we love competition and value individuals who put in the work to be the best. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who takes pride in their work and most importantly, is excited about the opportunity to work in a strong team environment. If this sounds like you, then you belong at V1 Sports.
As a Mobile App Developer, you will have the opportunity to participate across the entire product development lifecycle. Working with our product team, you will develop estimation, design, and deployment plans. You’ll also be responsible for coordinating, testing, and creating QA and support documentation for new releases.
V1 Sports is looking for an Android Developer who is passionate about sports and mobile technologies. This team member will be responsible for the development and maintenance of V1’s Android mobile applications. We are a small team with thousands of loyal customers and a dominant position in the market.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work closely with product management and UX to execute an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, and processes.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixes and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Maintain code, projects, drafts, files, and scripts in an organized manner that allows other team members to make edits/suggestions/changes.
- Contribute to our cross-platform mobile applications.
- Integrate with our back-end services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Propose new techniques and technologies for software development.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms, and product in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related experience
- 5+ years of professional Android development experience
- Experience publishing Android apps to the Play Store
- Familiarity with Google’s Developer Portal and the App lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of platform-related UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience building an app utilizing Java as the primary language
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices and form factors
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as biometrics, cameras, and accelerometers
- Experience with video technologies, compression and related libraries
- Experience working with JNI and the Android NDK
- Experience interfacing to RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with C/C++ programming is desired, but not a requirement
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
To apply, please send a resume with the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.