V1 Sports builds world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users, athletes and coaches access to the world’s most advanced software and analytics, and revolutionize the way that coaches and athletes improve their craft. If you are a curious leader who loves solving problems,
wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role:
The ideal candidate is a thought leader with proven experience communicating quantitative results to business partners. A successful candidate will be technically proficient and able to work collaboratively with V1’s internal stakeholders. If curiosity, helping people raise their game, and growing both professionally and personally get you out of bed in the morning, let’s build something incredible together. At V1 Sports, we are just getting started. Experience in a similar role with a company experiencing high-growth is a plus.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, and manage Accounting Department staff. A drive to continually improve and adjust current standard operating procedures is a must.
- Study, monitor, and improve the Company’s business systems in the Accounting Department, and throughout the company where they impact the Accounting Department’s accuracy and company efficiency. Ensure Department activities and decisions are consistent with overall company strategy. Assist in business processes throughout the Company.
- Manage, maintain, and develop Accounting systems and processes for all financial matters including budgets, payables, receivables, supplier and customer credit, projections, financing, investments, taxes, financial statements, business reports, cash management and standardized reporting.
- Work with, and as part of, the management team of the company as part of the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) Team.
- Work closely with the COO to develop regular, monthly Board and Shareholder reports.
- “Own” the Company’s EOS Scorecard, a predictive analytics tool, to forecast future Company performance, identify issues and optimize operations.
- Education and experience suitable for the assumption of responsibilities inherent in the roles and duties of a Chief Financial Officer of a small-to-medium sized business focused on B2B SaaS solutions and/or moving B2C app units.
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably with a SaaS cloud-based company, which underwent significant growth, with at least 2 years at a role of similar responsibility (such as a department head)
- High moral and ethical character.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of accounting principles, financial modeling, taxes, business law, and best industry (SaaS) practices
- Leadership, interpersonal, and people management skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to navigate complex organizations with competing priorities, diverse needs, short timelines, and limited resources
- A proven track record of developing teams. We seek a candidate who is committed to collective success, and who can elevate process and procedure both within the department and for the organization overall.
- An eagerness to learn and adapt to ever changing dynamics
About V1 Sports
Founded in 1995, V1 is the leader in video swing analysis software and a pioneer in delivering seamless video lessons with integrated telestration. The V1 Pro windows desktop application empowers instructors to capture, review, and analyze swing video for students both in-person and digitally, the V1 Game platform helps students improve on the course and the V1 Golf platform helps students self-analyze their swings. Our mobile apps provide powerful video capture and analysis tools for athletes to work on their own game and connect to their pro. V1 is used by more than 6K PGA golf professionals including many of the Top 100 instructors, as well as distinguished academies worldwide from Pebble Beach to St. Andrews. Our pros have delivered more than 3M digital video lessons to their students. Beginning in 2020, V1 has branched out into other sports, including baseball.
We are a fast-paced, collegial team with thousands of loyal customers and a dominant position in the golf market and the opportunity to open a new market in baseball.. We seek high-energy team members with a positive attitude and a continual drive to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
While V1 Sports is 25 years old, our team has the high-energy, flexibility and ownership-mentality you would expect at a startup. V1 Sports operates on the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS). We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. V1 Sports reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
To apply, please send a resume with the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.