V1 Sports builds world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users, athletes and coaches access to the world’s most advanced software and analytics, and revolutionizes the way that coaches and athletes improve their craft.
Our team is on a mission to build the next generation platform for video analysis, online coaching software and mobile apps that empower coaches and athletes to be their best. If you’re a team player who leads by example, gives and receives feedback well, loves solving problems and learning new things, join us!
About the Role
V1 Sports is searching for a Project Manager to fulfill the role of Scrum Master in an agile scrum team and manage additional smaller cross-functional projects.
As a member of our Product team, you will apply your prior experience working with teams that deliver great software products. You have excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills. You value process improvement and strive for excellence by holding yourself and others to the identified standard.
We are a fast-paced, collegial team with millions of loyal customers around the world and a leading position in the market. We seek high-energy team members with a positive attitude and a continual drive to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. We value team players with a background in competitive sports.
Responsibilities for Project Manager
- Serve as Scrum Master for an agile scrum team by coaching the individuals and team as a whole
- Facilitate standard scrum ceremonies such as daily stand up, grooming, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective
- Facilitate high-level project status updates to the organization using data
- Work crossfunctionaly to remove blockers from teammates in order to keep progress flowing
- Serves as a point of contact for communications between stakeholders and the scrum team
- Create succinct documentation for the project team and the organization as a whole
- Fulfill various project roles across several concurrent projects
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Product
Qualifications for Project Manager
- Relevant experience as a scrum master on a software project
- At least three years of total project management experience (Project Manager and Scrum Master)
- Expert on the practices of Agile and Scrum frameworks
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Time-management skills demonstrating the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Excellent communication skills to articulate project processes, progress and risks to all stakeholders as well as suss out feedback from team members that can improve the project.
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrating positively influencing the project
- Excellent organizational skills, both for yourself and the project team as the whole
- A bachelor’s degree in technology or business related field is preferred
- Industry-specific certification in project management or scrum master program is preferred, but not required
V1 Sports strives to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our competitive compensation package includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Healthcare, dental and vision insurance plan to cover you and your family
- Matching contributions to 401(k) savings plan to help you save for retirement
- Paid time off, including vacation days, with additional company holidays
- Opportunities for continued professional development
- We provide equipment you need to do your work: an Apple MacBook Pro, or laptop with your preferred OS
About V1 Sports
V1 Sports is the leader in video analysis software and mobile apps in golf and baseball, revolutionizing the way coaches and athletes communicate and improve.
As a team, we build innovative software, systems and services that give athletes and coaches the integrated analysis tools to revolutionize improvement. If helping people raise their game, growing professionally and personally, and working for a growing company gets you out of bed in the morning, let’s build something incredible together! At V1 Sports, Improvement Starts Here.
V1 Sports is based in Novi, MI; however, this role can be performed remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at V1 Sports. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
To apply, please send a resume with the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.