Job Title: Project Manager
V1 Sports (V1) is looking for a Project Manager who is passionate about sports and video technologies to work with us in Novi, Michigan. This team member will be responsible for the velocity of development and maintenance of V1’s various software platforms (both desktop and mobile). We are a fast-paced, collegial team with thousands of loyal customers and a dominant position in the market. We seek high-energy team members with a positive attitude and a continual drive to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
As a V1’s sole project manager, working directly with the COO, you will have the opportunity to participate across the entire product development lifecycle. Working with our product team, you will develop estimation, design, and deployment plans. You’ll also be responsible for coordinating the testing and release of new software updates on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the COO and the rest of the executive team to develop roadmaps and set goals for each V1 software product
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Operate in an agile environment implementing scrum to delegate project tasks based on team members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms, and product in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years working experience in project management
- Familiarity with JIRA or other equivalent project management software
- Experience with process improvement
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Advanced time management, analytical and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with software development project management
- An interest in or passion for golf and/or baseball
- Familiarity with sports
- A can-do attitude and competitive spirit
- A burning desire to learn and grow each day
- A desire to be part of a small team that genuinely cares for each other’s well-being
About V1 Sports
Founded in 1995, V1 is the leader in video swing analysis software and a pioneer in delivering seamless video lessons with integrated telestration. The V1 game improvement platform connects golf professionals and golfers to improve performance. The V1 Pro Studio desktop application empowers instructors to capture, review, and analyze swing video for students both in-person and digitally. Our mobile apps provide powerful video capture and analysis tools for athletes to work on their own game and connect to their pro.
V1 is used by more than 6K PGA golf professionals including many of the Top 100 instructors, as well as distinguished academies worldwide from Pebble Beach to St. Andrews. Our pros have delivered more than 3M digital video lessons to their students. Beginning in 2020, V1 has branched out into other sports, including baseball.
To apply, please sent a resume with the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.