Senior Software Engineer: iOS Developer
Benefits: Full-time – Based in Novi, MI
V1 Sports builds world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users, athletes and coaches access to the world’s most advanced software and analytics, and revolutionizes the way that coaches and athletes improve their craft.
Our team is on a mission to build the next generation platform for video analysis, online coaching software and mobile apps that empower coaches and athletes to be their best. If you’re a team player who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
About the Role
V1 Sports is searching for a Senior iOS Developer who is passionate about sports and video technologies to join our development team and help lead V1 Sports into new growth areas.
As a member of our Software Engineering Team, you will apply your extensive knowledge of mobile app architecture and design to work with teammates creating, extending and improving our native mobile applications for iOS, and potentially other mobile platforms.
We are a fast-paced, collegial team with millions of loyal customers around the world and a dominant position in the market. We seek high-energy team members with a positive attitude and a continual drive to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
- • Design, architect, develop and maintain advanced iOS applications
- • Work as a team to design, develop, test, deploy, and support native and hybrid mobile apps
- • Collaborate with Scrum team members and stakeholders in a disciplined Agile environment
- • Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with quality standards
- • Mentor teammates helping them grow professionally and personally
- • Participate in our Agile delivery process, help size stories, and own, research and recommend new solutions
- • Learn continuously, experiment and employ new technologies
- • Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
- • Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science and Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- • 7+ years of full stack mobile app engineering, with an emphasis on iOS platform development
- • Demonstrable experience with Object Oriented (OO) design and programing techniques, specifically design patterns utilized in mobile apps (MVVM, MVC, and others)
- • Expert-level knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
- • In-depth knowledge of iOS SDKs and frameworks
- • Delivery of user-facing iOS apps through the Apple App Store
- • Experience with Scrum as a development methodology for Agile development
- • Strong communication and analytical skills, and a thorough understand of product development
- • Commitment to clean code, utilizing unit tests, TDD, CI, and test automation.
- • Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and experience consuming web services while being mindful of security concerns, device resource constraints, and networking concepts
- • Detailed understanding of video technologies, compression, and related libraries
- • Experience with multi-threading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
Preferred Experience and Skills
- • Proven experience with cross-platform reactive development frameworks (such as Flutter, React Native, or Xamarin)
- • Working knowledge of Android native app development using Java and/or Kotlin
- • Extensive experience with AWS, GCP, Firebase or other Internet-native technologies and cloud platforms
- • Experience with push notifications and cloud messaging platforms (such as FCM, APNS)
- • Proficiency with DevOps CI/CD pipeline configuration, including publishing apps to the Apple App Store, and the Google Play Store
- • We value team players with a background in competitive sports (especially golf and baseball)
V1 Sports strives to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our competitive compensation package includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- • Healthcare, dental and vision insurance plan to cover you and your family
- • Matching contributions to 401(k) savings plan to help you save for retirement
- • Paid time off, including vacation days, with additional company holidays
- • Opportunities for continued professional development
- • We provide equipment you need to do your work: an Apple MacBook Pro, or laptop with your preferred OS
About V1 Sports
V1 Sports is the leader in video analysis software and mobile apps in golf and baseball, revolutionizing the way coaches and athletes communicate and improve.
As a team, we build innovative software, systems and services that give athletes and coaches the integrated analysis tools to revolutionize improvement. If helping people raise their game, growing professionally and personally, and working for a growing company gets you out of bed in the morning, let’s build something incredible together! At V1 Sports, Improvement Starts Here.
V1 Sports is based in Novi, MI and we are growing at a rapid pace. This role may be fulfilled by someone physically located at our headquarters in Novi, MI, other locations in the state of Michigan, or remotely within the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at V1 Sports. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume with the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org