V1 Sports (V1) is looking for a Windows Developer who is passionate about sports and video technologies to work with us in Novi, Michigan. This team member will be responsible for the development and maintenance of V1’s flagship Windows desktop applications. We are a fast-paced, collegial team with thousands of loyal customers and a dominant position in the market. We seek high-energy team members with a positive attitude and a continual drive to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
ABOUT V1 SPORTS:
Founded in 1995, V1 is the leader in video swing analysis software and a pioneer in delivering seamless video lessons with integrated telestration. The V1 game improvement platform connects golf professionals and golfers to improve performance. The V1 Pro HD windows desktop application empowers instructors to capture, review, and analyze swing video for students both in-person and digitally. Our mobile apps provide powerful video capture and analysis tools for athletes to work on their own game and connect to their pro.
V1 is used by more than 6K PGA golf professionals including many of the Top 100 instructors, as well as distinguished academies worldwide from Pebble Beach to St. Andrews. Our pros have delivered more than 3M digital video lessons to their students. Beginning in 2020, V1 has branched out into other sports, including baseball.
As a V1 Windows Developer, you will have the opportunity to participate across the entire product development lifecycle. Working with our product team, you will develop estimation, design, and deployment plans. You’ll also be responsible for coordinating, testing, and creating QA and support documentation for new releases.
- Design and implement new features for our flagship product line on the Windows desktop platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work closely with product management and UX to execute an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, and processes.
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Improve application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Maintain code, projects, drafts, files, and scripts in an organized manner that allows other team members to make edits/suggestions/changes.
- Maintain and build installation package for Windows applications using toolkits
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms, and product in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years working experience with Windows C++ development
- Proven working experience in software development
- Experience building applications that leverage web services
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
- Experience with Microsoft DirectX, specifically DirectShow and Media Foundation technologies
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with collaborate tools to define, design, and ship new features
- Prior experience with Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
- Windows UI development experience, such as MVVM, WPF, and XAML
- Experience with video capture and compression technologies
- Experience with Flexera InstallShield or other installer creation toolkits
- Proficient understanding of version control (Git preferred)
- Experience with C/C++ programming on other platforms is desired, but not a requirement
What you’ll do here:
Identify and champion strategic improvements to our platforms and processes
Use operational data to optimize production uptime and performance
Skills you’ll bring for success:
Highly skilled in C++ object oriented programming
Experience delivering Windows desktop applications with C++, a little rusty is OK.
Focus on standards, security and stability as well as user experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Web Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- C/C++: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
To apply, please send a resume with the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.